Our heavy-duty, automatic door bottom seal offers versatile installation options for single action doors. It can be either semi-rebated or face-fixed to the bottom edge of the door. Equipped with a spring-loaded mechanism, the seal automatically lifts clear of the floor when the door is opened, triggered by pressure against the adjustable brass strike button on the door jamb.
For face-fixed installation, the seal is securely attached to the door's bottom surface using the provided fixing screws. Rigid push-fit nylon end plates ensure the durability of the seal mechanism.
In the case of semi-rebated installation, the seal is mounted into a stepped rebate on the side of the door. This involves a machined groove measuring 44mm deep and 21mm wide for the bottom section, along with a machined recess measuring 25mm deep and 3mm wide for the top flange. The seal can be screw-fixed into position through the flange and comes with cast aluminium end plates.
Furthermore, the seal incorporates a high-efficiency mechanism designed to meet the closing force requirements specified in AS1428/1 (Design for Access and Mobility). This ensures compliance with relevant standards while providing optimal functionality.
(*Longer length available to special order up to a maximum 1600mm)
For orders, please contact us at (08) - 9244 7644. We'll be happy to assist you.
Standard Lengths with Maximum Cut-back sizes
- 450mm seal cuts to 275mm
- 610mm seal cuts to 450mm
- 820mm seal cuts to 610mm
- 920mm seal cuts to 610mm
- 1070mm seal cuts to 920mm
- 1220mm seal cuts to 1070mm
- 1500mm seal cuts to 1220mm
(*Seals can be cut on site to exact dimension)
- Silver anodised aluminium with grey end plates (or cast aluminium end plates) and grey silicone gasket
- Black anodised aluminium with black end plates (or black cast aluminium end plates) and black silicone gasket
- Fire tested to AS1530 Part 4 in accordance with AS1905 Part 1
- Certifications GVYI.R26629, GVWZ.R26629, GVWZ7.R26629
- Medium temperature smoke leakage approvals to AS1530 Part 7 available on proprietary door assemblies
- Conforms with BCA Specification C3.4 smoke sealing requirements
- Acoustically tested in accordance with AS1191, IS0140.3 & ISO10140-2
- Durability tests demonstrating over 1,000,000 open and close cycles